2021 season schedule is getting close to being set for the year. Courses will be out of Charlottetown, however please note locations can vary year to year. Schedules do fluctuate and are not always posted (including those for Intermediate & Advanced levels), please inquire for availability.
-VHF Marine Radio Courses (ROC-M): Ongoing
-World Sailing (formerly ISAF) Offshore Personal Survival Sea Course. TBD
Course 1 - Sail Canada Basic
Monday/Wednesday evenings (beginning May 25 - (FULLY BOOKED)
Course 2 - Sail Canada Basic (Daytime June 11-13 (FULLY BOOKED)
July is mainly devoted to Canada's Soldier On Program, however please contact to confirm other selected availability for this and next month!)
Course 3 - Sail Canada Basic (Daytime - currently a waiting list - FULLY BOOKED)
Course 4 - Sail Canada Course
Monday/Wednesday mornings (space available).
Course 5 - Sail Canada Basic Course -
Monday/Wednesday evenings (FULLY BOOKED).
Course 6 - Sail Canada Basic - 3 day - Daytime course - Please inquire.
Sail Canada's World Sailing (formerly ISAF) Offshore Personal Survival Sea Course
PCOC - Pleasure Craft Operator's Card
ROC-M (Marine Radio)
Marine First Aid (Through our affiliates)
More from the Logbook:
To ensure your spot book early as there are a maximum of 4 only, per course.
Upon hearing from you, we forward you a registration form, and upon receiving a 50% deposit your space is held.
Classes do fill up quickly and sometimes this site may not be updated as fast.
Due to travel requirements by participants some courses are able to offer flexible dates and start times.
Contact or 902.629.5989 to discuss your specific requirements.
Inquire for PCOC and VHF Radio with DSC endorsement [ROC(M)] courses for your area.
The following courses are available upon request:
Pleasure Craft Operators Card,
VHF Marine Radio,
& World Sailing (ISAF) Offshore Personal Sea Survival
Preregistration required by contacting:
Things to Know
*Given weather and WaveSkills' race and Soldier On program commitments the schedule may become slightly altered.
Things to know on your sailing course:
1) Do participants require prior experience? No!
2) Clothing – wear comfortable, but warm layered clothing, as certain points of sail will be warmers then others - windbreakers work best for new sailors. (Proper sailing clothing will be discussed during the course.)
1) Footwear – white sole shoes only please (basically no black soles, as they mark decks).
2) Gloves – you may wish to protect your hands from line chafing – anything from bicycle gloves to leather to ski gloves can be worn – and you may wish to evaluate the need to wear gloves after the first on water session.
3) Text book will be provided. Although optional, certified exam(s) included.
4) Start times: 5:30pm on evenings, Weekdays & Saturdays, if applicable, 9:00 am
5) Life Jackets are provided, and due to Sail Canada policies are expected to be worn.
6) Classroom sessions will be held onboard. However, wherever possible the course will be on water sessions.
7) Complete payments are due two weeks prior to class class, and we are equipped to accept Email Transfer, Cash and Cheque only. Course payment total: $385 plus HST for Start Keelboating; $575 plus HST for the Basic Sail Canada level, $995 for Intermediate, $450 for Keelboat Racing. Please note: deposit of 50% confirms your registration.
Charter Lessons are $50 each, and are based on a minimum of 3 people.
8) Course objectives and content can be viewed at for the Basic level course.9) Upon successful completion of course and exam you will receive a certified basic keelboat certificate from Canadian Yachting Association. Logbook available upon request.
10) WaveSkills is a fully certified Sail Canada Sailing School and is a member of the Charlottetown Yacht Club however courses run out of various locations, so please inquire for your course.
11) If crewing on race nights is of interest WaveSkills will assist in you meeting boat owners and crews, to increase your opportunities to race.
12) Refund Policy - with regret refunds won't be issued if cancellation occurs within 14 days of the course. We will however try our best to accomodate you in future courses.
13) Other considerations to bring: lunch, water, suntan lotion and cameras.
14) It will be fun!
"Thanks for your patience, guidance, wonderful sense of humour and joie de vivre!"
David Parker, NS