top of page

Pleasure Craft Operators Card - PCOC


Pleasure Craft Operator's Card is required by law to operate any motorized pleasure craft on  the water.  WaveSkills offers challeng exams or group courses to ensure you receive your certification.


Please call 902-629-5989 or email to arrange your test or to enroll in the next available course. 


The Competency of Operators in Pleasure Craft Regulations require operators of pleasure craft fitted with a motor and used for recreational purposes to carry proof of competency. Electric trolling motors, canoes with motors, PWCs and motorized dinghies being rowed are considered motorized craft; sailboats, canoes and kayaks without motors are not. All boaters will have to carry proof of competency.

bottom of page